Saturday 17 December 2011

5 Reasons Why You Should Comment On Blogs

I remember, when I first started reading blogs I used to read a lot of them, and comment on a few. Then as I got more into blogging community, began to appreciate the work and effort people put into their blogs, I stated leaving more and more comments. But eventually, it came to a stage where I simply didn't have time for reading that many blogs if I wanted to do anything else (like writing), so now, I read far fewer blogs every day. But for all the ones I read, I try to leave a comment as often as possible. 


Here is why: 
  1. It says that you found the content helpful / interesting / amusing enough to take a minute and leave a comment
  2. It encourages discussions amongst others who comment and also between the blog writer and the readers
  3. It shows new visitors to the blog that some people do read the blog and leave a comment, which might encourage them to do the same
  4. Everyone feels good about being appreciated. In blogging world, comments are an easy way of showing this appreciation of the content someone's providing
  5. It's a give and take thing. If you leave a comment on someone else's blog, it encourages the other person to leave one on yours.

11 comments:

  1. I do appreciate the work people put into writing blog posts, so I try to comment if something comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder. I know how much I appreciate comments, and I try to make them myself, but sometimes I'm going through things so quickly... this is a great reminder to slow down and show appreciation. Thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. You're absolutely right, and I've been very guilty of not doing this in the past year or so. Another of my resolutions...clean out my feed reader, comment on other blogs, and respond to comments on my blogs daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are so wonderful...I just realised, my 5th reason was missing, and no one complained about it :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said! Plus reading this post and not leaving a comment would make me feel guilty now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't agree more with these. I think it's nice to let people know yes, you are reading and they're not just wasting their time. I think it's nice to know people are reading too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post Dolly!

    I've been pretty slack in the commenting department the last few months, but I'm starting to do better. I think I need to make it one of my New Year's resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quit guilting meeeeee! :(

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol,

    Excellent resolution :-))

    ReplyDelete