Tuesday 7 September 2010

Editing - Full Steam Ahead

Editing of my NaNo2009 novel has started again with daily productivity. I never stopped working on it, but to get back to working on it daily is great. It's made me get back into my story properly again. I would love to have it finished by November, but I am more concerned about quality than deadline, so I will do my best to have it ready by November, but if I feel it needs more work then it will get more work.

First half is all quite solid in plot-terms so that needs more cosmetic edit now, and a good polish. But in the second half, especially towards the last third of the book, I am including new scenes, so depending on what happens there, might change things in the rest of the story. I am hoping these scenes are going to make the climax more exciting, as currently, things are perhaps not as hard as they could be for my characters :-)

Oh yeah, and I love these people. And their world. I want to live there. Hell, I want to be them!!

3 comments:

  1. LOL This is what's happening to me and the novel I'm currently editing. Only mine is my 2008 NaNo. At first glance it looked like an easy task, but then I started adding scenes and smoothing transitions . . . I'd like to have it done by November as well, but like you I'm focusing on quality, not speed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. C R,

    Good luck to us both :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still editing mine too! I hope to get mine done before November. It's not easy. I read back some of the first drafts of this WIP, it's so much different now. Crazy!

    Good Luck ;o)

    ReplyDelete