Monday 1 February 2010

Weekly Goals

This week, I am going to try and aim for specific goals. The public declaration is in the hope that I might be more disciplined, and also so I stop adding more things to the list, which makes it impossible to achieve target. January wasn’t nearly as productive as I would have liked (to steal a word from C R Ward, it was craptacular) so I am aiming to do better job in February. GOALS FOR THIS WEEK WRITING
  • Submit a flash fiction story (Title: No Second Chances)
  • WB Assignment F12
  • First Phase Revisions of NaNo Novel Chapters 3 to 6 (Only chapter 3 done)
  • Type up skeleton outline of DWSW (one of the two I am considering to be my next wip)
  • Skeleton outline for Bristol Fantasy (this is second potential WIP for which you guys voted for Bristol as a location against London or New York)
  • Start second draft of DWSW outline - brainstorm subplots
  • Read and work on Chapter 1 of DEEP EDITS (more about this in few weeks after some experience)
READING
  • Finish - Proust was a Neuroscientist by Jonah Lehrer
  • Read - A Writer's Diary by Virginia Woolf
  • Start - A new Fiction book
PERSONAL
  • 3 - 30 minutes workouts (only 1 work out)
  • Take some photos for Website Header (you would this would be easy, but not when like me, you barely spend any time in daylight hours. It's a total pain in the winter)
  • Take photos of journals for journal blog
  • Saturday workshop - experimental art
  • Saturday - journaling on location
  • Organise task list
  • Email long neglected friends (KE, HT, VS, HH, ND )
  • Journal about "Proust was a Neuroscientist"

13 comments:

  1. Thanks Terry :-) Hope to have many more strikethroughs by end of the week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! You *did* come over to the dark side! Welcome! :-)

    Okay, that's quite enough exclamation points, I think...

    In any case, good luck with your goals. I'll look forward to seeing all the strike-throughs as the week progresses (brilliant idea, by the way).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie, you are totally corrupting me. I might actually become disciplined. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the dark side!

    As your reward, you may feel free to use the word craptacular whenever you wish. :-)

    You've set some awesome goals, can't wait to watch you meet them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great goals - holy crap when do you sleep??

    I have no doubt you will reach them all ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. C R,
    thank you. That is one of the best presents I have ever received :-)

    Erica,
    people at work think I just stay up playing Sims or reading and are used to seeing me tired every single day :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see myself on the "done-list" *smiles*...

    ...for your other points left: Keep it up! You're definitely on the right track! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nofretiri,

    You were the first on the list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, just stopping by. Good luck, looks like you have your work cut out.

    Regards, David.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks David :-) Welcome to the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to read twice to check that it is all for this week - how ambitious!

    Such motivation - go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ulanda, ambition plenty. Now I just have to finish all this :P

    ReplyDelete