Saturday 19 December 2009

Editing Ain't Happening

After that all exciting read through, editing has remained on my to-do list. I haven't really done any writing either, because since I decided to work on new project, as oppose to my unfinished ones, I am still working on brainstorming before doing a definitive outline. But editing was to be priority this month. There is a part justification that I have been pretty busy because of christmas, and I am making a scrapbook for my sister which is taking considerable time. But some part is just procrastination. I will have to get over my editing phobia. But this weekend, I have got a scrapbook to work on, hopefully finish and some boring tidying stuff to do (there is only so long I can avoid it :-P) so I am not really going to get into editing mood, but at least hoping to do a few more pages of brainstorming for the new project. So meanwhile, here is a little christmas cheer...

6 comments:

  1. Hello, honeys (honies? LOL)... ;-)

    You know, it's funny. I was just thinking about that whole editing phobia last night (weird, eh? Scary how much we think alike!) as I was working on marking up my draft. It really does take a completely different "headspace" to edit, and I've never actually completed revisions on a novel-length draft. I'm almost embarrassed to admit I had to *force* myself to sit down and start marking things up.

    It was just last night that I realized I was afraid of it. I'm not sure why, exactly, or even what scares me about it aside from just a general fear of the unknown. But it's definitely going to be a force of will to finish this - good thing I love the story. Will blog on it once I get my thoughts together.

    Good luck with your scrapbooking - I'm doing similar things today (working on christmas crafts for family). And good luck getting down to editing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, Barrowman and Tennant! You can keep Bale (and Tennant and Barrowman's clothes...).:D

    I'm not a huge fan of editing either, but I find that the more I do, the better I write, as I'm more mindful of what I put down. :)

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Bale was bit of an after thought ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie,

    Yes, I think my phobia is possibly because of the same reason as you. I have never completely edited a novel. I have done short stories and articles, but that is not at all the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! You know that your recent posts on picking up your NaNo novel is what got me to pick mine back up sooner than later? lol

    I seriously thought, "Oh man, this girl is so much more on point than me, I can't let someone across the pond kick my butt," and I stayed up until 6 a.m. reading my pages out loud until my throat hurt too much.

    You have to keep editing, if for no other reason than someone in the States needs to feel a secretly competitive kick in the butt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 52 Faces,

    That's the best motivational comment ever :-) I love a bit of competition. And I am immensely pleased that my post motivated to start your own editing. Yes, I intend to start mine with vengeance - though perhaps in a couple of days once all the christmas stuff is finished. But I shall keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete