Tuesday 8 September 2009

What Will I Write This Month?

While I let the ideas gather in my head for my fantasy novel, it’s time to attempt something I have procrastinated on for a long while. I have always fancied travel writing. At least I think I have, because I haven’t actually tried it. My experience of travel writing is this:

  • When I was 13, I went on a tour from school. We were invited to write an essay about it, and the best one (mine) was selected to be published in the school magazine.
  • I have been keeping travel journals for last few trips.

That’s not much to go by, especially because I know my travel journals aren’t nearly as good as I would like them to be. I am improving, but not there yet. So is travel writing for me? I have no idea. I like to think so, because I love travelling, so combining my love of writing with that of travel seems like a perfect plan. I have postponed trying it for a long time, so this month, while I am bit stuck regarding my word target, I make a public proclamation that I will give it a go. So few small goals to begin with: Deadline: 13/09/09 Finish journaling Berlin trip Plan at least 2 travel articles Write at least 1 of them Wish me luck for this new venture.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have a good plan there - best of luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete