Friday, 29 May 2009
Tuesday, 19 May 2009
Saturday, 16 May 2009
Wednesday, 13 May 2009
- Fortunately, I happen to be creative but also practical (in some things) and stubborn, so when I see a rejection letter, I don't fall into despair. Of course I do feel bad, and for a short while I do feel a bit down, but it doesn't effect my general happiness level. Though mind you, I have only seen a couple of rejection letters so far so not sure what might happen if that lasts too long.
- I am realistic about the magazines I submit too. This particular story was submitted to a top magazine so obviously chances of rejection are higher.
- This letter was typed, but not form rejection. So for some strange reason, that felt slightly better.
- Generally though, I am of the opinion that as an unpublished author this is a learning stage. Each rejection letter also says that I managed to sit down and complete a story. I found a market and I submitted it.
- And of course now there is nothing stopping me from revising it and sending it to another magazine and see how things go...
How do you handle rejection?
Sunday, 10 May 2009
Wednesday, 6 May 2009
Saturday, 2 May 2009
Friday, 1 May 2009
- This is a monthly challenge, beginning on May 1st and ending on May 31st
- Please post your progress, or if you finish the story, let us know that you have finished it. How many words, any details you like to share, and whether you have submitted it or not.
- There are no rules. You can write what you want, and submit if/when you want to a publication of your choice.
- The purpose of doing this challenge together is purely to motivate one another to write something regularly, and finish it.
Few people have asked about writing prompt/theme. Each month, I will post three prompts/themes that you can use for your story if you wish. That's purely optional, meant for people who may be bit stuck for ideas.
May 2009: Themes/Prompts
- May day - write a story where May day celerabtion plays a central part
- Write a story which has three main characters - two men and a woman
- Write a story set in a country estate